Friday, February 11, 2011

Episode 4: White Chocolate-Cranberry Cheesecake

Part of my Christmas gift from Michael was a recipe box from Philadelphia Cream Cheese. As anyone who really knows me probably suspects…yes, I blew right past the appetizers section and went straight for the cheesecake recipes. I decided to start with the White Chocolate-Cranberry because I've always loved the flavor combination. The recipe was quick & easy…no fuss, no muss, which I like sometimes. I think the crust could have been thicker. I mean, it's Oreos…can you really have too much?? Also, while I liked the flavors, I can't say I was jazzed about the raisin-like texture of the dried cranberries in a cheesecake.

Anyone who has seen my Facebook status at all this week is probably saying "She was bitching about not being able to focus on THIS blog entry?? Really??" But no, this isn't the one. That one is next. Just figured I'd get the fast & easy one out of the way.


 

White Chocolate-Cranberry Cheesecake


 

  • 1 ¼ cups Oreo crumbs
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • ¾ cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 4 ounces white chocolate, melted
  • ½ cup dried cranberries
  • 1 teaspoon orange zest


 

Preheat the oven to 350°F (325°F if using a dark nonstick pan). Mix the cookie crumbs & melted butter and press firmly into the bottom of a 9"-springform pan.

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese & the sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add the eggs, one at a time. Mix until just blended after each addition. Stir in the white chocolate, cranberries & zest. Pour into crust.

Bake for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment